Monday, May 19, 2008

Of MELTA, PPCM and deaths





Mon 19 Tues 2008 - On Sat 17 May, MELTA (Malaysian Eng. Lang. Teachers' Association) Melaka Chapter held a successful half-day workshop on "Creative Methodology for Primary and Secondary Schools" at the Dewan Bestari, Education Dept., Bukit Baru. The workshop, conducted by Azlam Khan, saw 49 teachers from as far as Batu Pahat and Besut attending. High School Melaka alone sent 7 teachers! Congrats to the Melaka Chapter especially the chapter leader, Rodney Tan (Chai Whatt) on a job well done! I would love to show you some photos of the workshop but my dear husband says that he can't find the cable to download the pics from my camera-phone.

The afternoon saw the line dancing ladies gather at the Persatuan Peranakan Cina Melaka (PPCM) for a jamming session from 3 to 6 p.m. Organized by the PPCM honorary secretary, Chin Siok Hoon, the jamming was a huge success and the pot luck was simply delicious! Thanks to her for organizing the afternoon of fun and fitness! (Pictures above)

Today I head the unfortunate news of the passing away of Dr. Annisa Nor Jettey's sister and father. I am proud to count Dr. Annisa as my friend and learning about her loss dampens my spirit. Although I had never met her dad, I remember that he was a primary school headmaster and everytime I rang to speak to Dr. Annisa, he would answer in his impeccable English and very rich baritone voice. May the souls of the departed rest in peace.


1 Comments:

Blogger RODNEY TAN CHAI WHATT said...

Hi Ai Ling,
Thank you for the praises showered on me for organising the recent MELTA Melaka Chapter workshop. I need to thank you, Jee Ngoh & Soh for the support and contribution as well. Noorainun (JPM Head of Language)too should be credited for her support & booking of the hall. Keep up the good work with your personal blog. Cheerios!

May 20, 2008 at 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home