Saturday, May 10, 2008

Senior citizen - Who? Me?

Sun 11 May 2008 - When I was a young girl, I viewed anyone in his/her 30's onwards as "old". Sigh, at this point in my life, the world could easily consider me "old" or worse still, "ancient"and "irrelevant"! (I can't divulge my exact age for I believe that, as Oscar Wilde the playwright puts it, "One should never trust a woman who tells one her age. If she tells that, she'll tell anything.")

Still I have to admit that I am going on in years and I'd better prepare for the day when I would be inducted into the "golden girl" age. So the night of Thurs 8 May saw Henry and I trudging the stairs up to the Senior Citizens Association which is situated above Premier Cafe along Jalan Gajah Berang. We saw a number of faces we knew - one of them being Uncle Liew Chin Fong (pic above). Uncle Liew was belting out a Chinese number (he sure can sing!), accompanied by members (all senior citizens) of the resident band at the association. There was singing, singing, and more singing, followed by eating, eating and more eating, and then finally, dancing, dancing and more dancing to the music of the band! The senior citizens at the Association certainly made our first visit there an enjoyable one, and they gave me a glimpse of what it is like to age gracefully. They certainly proved that no matter what one's age or state of health is, one can still have an insatiable zest for living and life. Syabas (Congrats) and well done to all seniors!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home