Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Stars are born...


Tues 6 May 2008 - Today I had the privilege of being the emcee of the Actology - Petrosains National Science Theatre Competition, thanks to the recommenadation of Baba Koh Kian Choon from the State Education Department. It's hard work being the emcee - rehearsal, change of programme at the last minute, and mind you, the lights were so dim at the Auditorium, Taman Budaya that I could hardly see what was written in my script! This was a regional competition (southern-central zone) and it was good to see my alma mater Convent Muar (team in the pic above) representing Johor. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to say hello to the students and teachers of Convent. The drama presentations were so interesting, believe me and SMK Tinggi St. David of Melaka was declared the winner at this regional competition

The cute primary school girls of SK Bukit Beruang stole our hearts away with their dance performances during intermission - so graceful, and always smiling. The audience just adored them! It was as if they were recording a "Melaka, Truly Malaysia" segment. As I watched them, I recall my MGSS girls - often we had to coax them to smile when they perform, snd all we get is a 2-second show of teeth, after which they'd revert to their very hostile looks. Why is it that some people find it so difficult to smile?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home