Saturday, December 19, 2009

Golden 50th Muar 7678 Reunion





















12 Dec 2009 (Sat) - It's been ages since I last updated my blog. I had thought of giving up blogging but what encouraged me was the many comments I got from ex-MGSS Melaka girls that they had read my blog, so how can I not go on?

On 12 Dec my class/schoolmates got together at D'99 Hotel in Muar, Johor to celebrate our joint 50th birthdays (although some of the old boys and girls had already reached the 51st milestone as they had spent one extra year in remove classes). For quite a few, it was their first get-together as they had missed the one held two years ago.

It was a good thing that we had name tags for everyone on that night because truly, it was sometimes hard to make out who's who, after so many years. Moreover, being "golden" girls and boys, our memory often fail us! The event helmed by KC (Tan Kee Chung) and ably assisted by Chua Chor Kuan, was a memorable one with karaoke (or rather croak-aoke; at 50 years, we couldn't be bothered if we were tone deaf; we just sang with gusto), a "Got Talent" contest and a "star" among us Shieh Pay Tee (Astro Golden Voice contest finalist) serenading us with Mandarin and English oldies from yesteryears.
What struck me after the evening was that many of us have changed in appearance - more portly, rotund, with wrinkles (wisdom lines) - but essentially, we are still the same - Michael Chong as entertaining as ever; Hui Chen aka Nora Meow (soon- to- be cast of 'Gossip Girls') still the reliable source of information if you want to know the latest about old friends; the old boys KC, Chor Kuan, Venu, Hiang Choon, Woon Han, Su - still as charming; Margaret Ngiap still her health conscious self; and my gang from the old days like Magdalene, Linda Bee Ling, Angie Siew Kieok, still as fun loving. Sigh... north, south, east, west, old friends are still the best!
Photos from top:
1. My friends and I (from left) - (Terrific) Teresa Tan, me, (Attractive) Angie Siew Kieok (she's already a grandma!), (Marvellous) Margaret Ngiap, (Amazing) Angelina Lee Poh, (Energetic)Evelyn Hwee Yong, (Lovely) Lily Low, (Magnificent) Magdalene Ng
2. Pay Tee (right) and me - I won the "Got Talent" contest ("I never knew I could dance like this...") and a RM1.00 contract to perform at the next reunion.
3. The golden girls and boys
4. It was a tad difficult to pop those poppers
5. That's KC (in blue with mike) lecturing us on why we should make it a point to attend the next reunion in 2011.

2 Comments:

Blogger zoe said...

nice gathering you have there mdm lim! ((:

December 19, 2009 at 7:54 AM  
Blogger escape said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 25, 2010 at 2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home