Saturday, September 1, 2007

Relax & Unwind

My husband and I have found a good place to unwind in Melaka - Seafarer Seafood Restaurant, that serves halal local and western fare. If you are travelling along Tengkera Road and are heading towards Masjid Tanah, Seafarer is on your left, a short distance past the Bukit Rambai traffic lights. We go there most Fridays for a round of drinks or light supper in order to relax after a week of hard work.

Winston is the musician at Seafarer on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. I enjoy his music as he has a wide repertoire of songs - from the sultry rumba, heart-thumping rock and roll, to the romantic waltz numbers. Best of all, there is a dance floor for dance lovers like me. The dance floor can be crowded but it adds to the fun of dancing! However, it is an uncovered area so when it rains, any plans to show off your dancing skills will be dashed.

Yesterday night (Merdeka night), I was pleasantly surprised to meet my primary school teacher, Mrs. Neo. She was a teacher in the Convent primary school, Muar (my hometown), back in 1970s. Well, last night, one look at her sitting at the next table and I called her name. I recognised her instantly as she has not changed after all these years. She is still the same - hair immaculately in place with interesting, daring colours; flawless complexion with not a wrinkle or signs of aging; her makeup faultless and dewy-looking. Mrs. Neo has always been a trendsetter even back in the 1970s - she coloured her hair back then and even wore bare backs.

Another thing that made her stand out in the crowd last night was her dancing skills. In her pair of high heels that went well with her stylish pair of jeans, she twirled with grace on the dance floor. Her well-executed movements reflected her zest for life. At 60, Mrs. Neo would easily put any woman (including me) to shame. So inspired by her was I after meeting her at Seafarer that upon reaching home, I applied a face mask in the hope that I'll look as good as Mrs. Neo does!

One lesson that I learnt about life last night: One can still look good inspite of one's age if only one takes time and effort to pamper oneself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Wee-Leng said...

Hi there, got your URL from Alice aka Mrs Neo, who is my mum-in-law. She requested a print of yur blog so I'll have this sweet piece about her printed for her reading pleasure. Thanks for the lovely note about this great lady whom I couldnt agree more. She's magnificent in many ways. My wishes to your passion for dancing and I hope you'll be as much in love with dancing as my parents-in-law do even at their age. I bet it'll an awesomely enriching journey...

September 1, 2007 at 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home